After the three shots where fired, Boggs went down and everyone rushed over to see what had happened. Huck saw everything, he tried to squeeze his way through the crowd to get a closer view. The girl went rushing in towards her father and was panicking. She tough he was dead. He wasn't yet, some people helped pick him and took him over to the closets Drug Store and put him on the counter with the bible on top of his chest. Soon after he died. Everyone wanted to know what had happened so someone reenacted the whole scene, and the people who saw the actual event agreed with the man that that was how it had happened.
When I read this I felt as if I myself was their and saw the whole scene happened right before my eyes. I pictured it, me walking around and I see these two men confronting each other and one of them having a gun pointing at the other men. Then a girl running in screaming "Boggs!" and then "BANG" "BANG" BANG." Later everyone their rushes in to see what happened. Everyone spreads rumors of what happen and then they start to form a mob to kill Colonel Sherburn. Man people must have really respected Boggs or saw him as someone important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment