"George" had never hear of the word feud before, and so Buck had explained it to him. Feud meant that a man had a quarrel wit another man and kills him: then that man's family would get involved until their all dead. After that whole new lesson, Huck was tired and sleepy. Mrs. Sophia had asked him if he would go to church and get her her Testament that she had left. George had said yes, and went to go find it, but had felt suspicious of the situation. He ignored it anyways.
I did not know that feud had also meant what it had said in the book. I mean I knew it was like a fight between men, but not to the extent of killing each other. Another thing, who leaves their testament in a book in church? That's just weird! I wonder what Mrs. Sophia mus be up to?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment